Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Avoid Nurturing Instinct

Just remembered this and thought I should share. When you are allocating points in the feral talent tree, do not put any points in the Nurturing Instinct talent. Why not? Well, since the first or second Burning Crusade patch, it doesn't do anything. Its broken. How do I know?

Well I had the talent before BC and it increases the healing you do by 25% of your strength after you shift out of bear or cat form. So when you use Lifebloom or Rejuvenation, there is a definite increase in healing per tick. After the 2nd or 3rd patch, I noticed the amount of healing per tick seemed lower.

If you have the talent and want to see if it has been fixed, its easy to test. Just jump off a building or something that causes you minor damage, then cast Lifebloom. Note the amount of healing per tick. Repeat the jump, but this time do it in Bear form. Shift out and cast Lifebloom. The amount of healing should be greater for the second cast. If the healing numbers are the same, it is still broken.

I reported the problem 2 or 3 separate times. Each time, I was assured that it was "known" problem and it would be fixed in the next patch. After 2 patches with no fix, I re-speced. Don't miss it much. It is really not worth the talent points for the amount of healing you get.

No comments: